Friday, December 30, 2005

Holiday Relief Auction a success, Maverix raised 12,000



The pre-holiday art auction and party for victims of the Kashmir earthquake at Maverix studios was quite a blast, I stayed way longer than I expected too, and joined in the art buying frenzy. I found this great little watercolor hiding behind a post where no one had seen it to bid on it, so I got it (silent auction), I'm ashamed to say, fairly cheap. But I was broke so I was glad to get something and contribute to the releif donations. All the proceeds went to charity, and $12,000 was raised in just one night.
Here's the neat little piece I got by David Yee.

No plans as yet for New Years Eve, as I have really gotten into the hermit spirit, and it looks like rain all weekend, I will most likely be staying home.

No comments: