Friday, June 01, 2007

Thursday's post on Friday - painting #7


Thursday - a dull day. I got up late, went to work, worked till 4:30, came home, fed the pigs, downloaded four episodes of This American Life podcast/audio books from I Tunes, and the new Saltbreakers album by Laura Veirs and the Saltbreakers - formerly the Tourtured Souls (I liked that name better), but MAN!!! What an Awesome song Pink Light is, you can hear it on her myapsace website. Good album altoghther, definatly my favorite musical artist of the last two years.

But I digress, I wanted to say confessionally that I think I'm addicted to This American Life and possibly to the sound of Ira Glass's voice. The whole gang, Ira, Starlie, Josh, David Sedaris, I can't get enough of them, they are my new Seinfeld gang, but smarter and funnier. One episode per week won't satiate me anymore, I am now going into the archives and buying the ones I haven't heard from YEARS back. This can't bode well.

Anyway, having the podcasts made it bearable to walk back to work at my evening job, after eating a sloppy joe, while all my friends were out to Pakistani food and later Charlie Chaplin movies, I got to go do A/P at one of my bookkeeping gigs. More on trying to eek out a living later.

No comments: